Catherine Brooks is the author of Let’s Make it Work, baby! – a guide for new parents managing a new family and career and is a Practice Leader at Moores law firm. Like us all, Catherine is juggling all the balls – including her new title as author, parenting her 2 year old son, her own business, Natural Supply Co, her career as a lawyer and everything in between – and joins us today to chat about all of the above!
We talk to Catherine about her own juggle – how she keeps all her balls in the air, including:
- how she tackles like with a child who likes to wake at 4:50AM!;
- accepting that her motivation and commitment to her career will ebb and flow; and
- blazing a new trail in her family which has meant having to come to terms with things like paid childcare that her parents did not make use of.
Of course we also talk to Catherine about her new book, Let’s Make it Work, baby! Catherine shares:
- the importance of dads announcing their partner’s pregnancy in their workplace and the need for support for fathers;
- her advice for women who are the trailblazer for flexible working in their workplace;
- how to tackle the vulnerability women often feel when on parental leave;
- the importance of keeping in touch with your employer while on leave and how we can make sure we do it properly;
- what she will do differently when she has her second child in a few month’s time; and
- how project work can be an ideal way to keep in touch with work while on leave, without committing to a full load.
Professional development course giveaway from LawCPD
Our sponsor LawCPD are offering 10 hours of online professional development courses (worth over $1,000!) to one of our lucky listeners. Learn from the best for a wide range of topics including business skills, leadership and law. If you’re a lawyer you can claim CPD points for every course, which means that this prize can cover your annual CPD requirements!
All you have to do is visit http://lawcpd.com.au/TheJuggleCompetition and tell them where you find you are most productive and why. It couldn’t be easier than that!