In today’s episode we speak to the gorgeous – inside and out – Kym Atkins.
Jo first met Kym while they were studying law together. After finishing university with a law degree, Kym’s path has since taken a variety of turns from traditional lawyer to inhouse lawyer in Australia and England, to co-founder of occupational medical clinic – Capstone Health, to her current role as co-founder and CEO of The Volte.
Along with three other female co-founders, with 12 children between them, Kym has been at the helm of the successful start up of The Volte. Often referred to as the AirBNB of fashion, it is an online platform helping women to monetise their wardrobes, and making designer fashion accessible and sustainable for the everyday women all over the world.
Kym has a fascinating story to share about being a woman in tech, managing two family businesses and the demands of 4 kids. She has great insights into the start up tech world, and her entrepreneurial journey is truly inspiring.
Highlights from this episode include:
- The crazy juggle of a start up tech business and still being a very active mum to 4 kids
- Quantity time vs quality time – knowing the difference to combat mum guilt
- The two sides of running a business – the relentlessness and rewards
- Busting the myths and prejudices people have to get around the perception of being women playing with dresses, to be serious owners of a tech platform in the sharing economy
- Discussing the invisible children
Kym has also kindly shared with us a discount code to use for our next purchase on The Volte. Use Juggle20 to get 20% off your next hire.
This episode is sponsored by LawCPD who are offering everyone $25 off the next course they buy between now and 31 October 2019. Just use discount code JUGGLE25 at the check out. You can see all of the courses available on their website.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- If you want to connect with Kym or learn more about the Volte you can find her on Linked In, or via the Volte website – www.thevolte.com
- The Juggle Community, our online Facebook group
- Subscribe to The Juggle Podcast on Apple Podcast, Stitcher or Android
- Find us on Instagram and Facebook
- The Juggle website, where you can find all episodes of The Juggle and sign up to be notified when a new episode is released