In today’s episode we talk about that insidious issue of imposter syndrome. It seems a day doesn’t go by without us hearing someone talking about it, or reading an article about it.
When talking about why we think the way we do, we often like to invite Katrina Alilovic to join us. As a repeat guest you’ve no doubt heard about her before. The short story is that she is a counselling psychologist with over 25 years of experience. She specialises in working with women like us who are in professional careers managing the juggle that comes with family, and dealing with questions around imposter syndrome, mental load and mum guilt.
Highlights from this episode include:
- Digging deep into what imposter syndrome actually is – the insidious feeling that you are going to get found out. It’s just a matter of time!
- The crazy statistics around the numbers of people experiencing imposter syndrome.
- How imposter syndrome shows up in our life – including some personal examples from Lucy and Jo.
- The dangers of focusing on a life/career ladder and the importance of benchmarking.
- Learning how to identify how imposter syndrome shows up for you and the effect on you and others.
- Strategies for dealing with imposter syndrome – including STOP, Smile files, asking friends to call you out, practice self-compassion and challenge your negative beliefs.
Download Katrina’s free e—book on imposter syndrome. Once you download it you will be on the list to get notification of a webinar she is going to run giving more detail about imposter syndrome and what you can do about it.
Thank you to our episode sponsor: LawCPD
Get $25 off the next course you buy using the discount code JUGGLE25 until 31 October 2019
Links mentioned in this episode:
- If you want to connect with Katrina Alilovic you can find her on LinkedIn or at Mt Lawley Counselling Clinic in Western Australia – for either in person or online consults.
- Download Katrina’s free e—book on imposter syndrome.
- The Juggle Community, our online Facebook group
- Subscribe to The Juggle Podcast on Apple Podcastst, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or Android
- Find us on Instagram and Facebook
- The Juggle website, where you can find all episodes of The Juggle and sign up to be notified when a new episode is released