Running your own business is often touted as the holy grail to being able to have a career you love with the flexibility you desire. It doesn’t always work out that way though. It is very easy to get caught up in the world of business and find yourself more overwhelmed than when you were an employee working for someone else.
In today’s episode we speak to Angela Henderson, founder of the highly successful online store, Finlee and Me, which came about after she became a mum for the first time.
Through running this store and various other opportunities, Angela has now launched her second business – Angela Henderson Consulting – helping female businesses owners lay the right foundations for business success. She truly knows what it takes to build a successful business and generously shares her expertise, not only here with us, but previously with features in the media including Talking Lifestyle with Ed Phillips and David Koch and Inside Small Business.
On the episode today, we talk to Angela about the 4 key reasons she sees businesses fail.
Angela doesn’t leave us hanging in the gloom though. If you are still inspired to launch your own business, you will be ably helped along by her 7 profit pillars to growing a sustainable and profitable business. They are:
- The perfect profit profile. This is all about your why and business values.
- A profit ready website. A pretty website is great, but one that converts is the best.
- Money maker map. How do you want prospective clients to move through your products/services?
- Email list. You might have a great social media following, but what if it gets taken away from you?
- Sales funnel. How do you let people know about you and the services you offer?
- Building your dream team. You might think you can do it alone – and maybe you can – but building a team is a key to sustainability.
- Be productive and profitable. Getting stuff done is wonderful, but only if it also makes you profit.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- If you want to connect with Angela you can find her via her website or connect on Facebook or Instagram
- If you’re thinking about creating your own business then check out Angela’s online masterclass The Ultimate 4 Step Framework for Creating a Sustainable and Profitable Business or join her Facebook group Australian Business Collaborative
- The Juggle Community, our online Facebook group
- Subscribe to The Juggle Podcast on Apple Podcastst, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or Android
- Find us on Instagram and Facebook
- The Juggle website, where you can find all episodes of The Juggle and sign up to be notified when a new episode is released
- Other episode links