In today’s episode we welcome the CEO of LawCPD, Sarah Mateljan. Sarah talks to us about the juggle of managing a business, having a family, as well as wanting to be as supportive and encouraging to her employees as possible.
Throughout the episode we hear how having a child has affected and changed Sarah’s personal life. We talk through how Sarah and her partner share the workload, the importance of having a strong support network, and how to travel with a newborn (or not) including expressing on aeroplanes.
Sarah’s advice for employers is definitely worth keeping in mind when having employees who are returning to work from maternity leave. She suggests encouraging employees to:
- Set boundaries from life and work
- Initially return part time
- Keep the work flexible and fluid to be able to adapt to individual needs
Sarah leaves us all with a final bit of advice… Just keep swimming!
Be kind and gentle to yourself and know you are not alone.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- If you want to connect with Sarah you can find her on Website, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- The Juggle Community, our online Facebook group
- Subscribe to The Juggle Podcast on Apple Podcastst, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or Android
- Find us on Instagram and Facebook
- The Juggle website, where you can find all episodes of The Juggle and sign up to be notified when a new episode is released