We’re joined by Lauren Cassimatis, founder of Criminal Law Mums, a professional development, parental support, and networking group for lawyer mothers and related professionals. Lauren is a criminal lawyer and Principal Director of Gallant Law.
Lauren joins us to share how she manages the juggle as a criminal lawyer mum. Highlights from this episode include:
- Starting the day about 5:30am – who can relate to that!?
- The feeling of working 24/7 with the juggle of children and establishing a brand-new business
- Is running your own business really a magic bullet to managing the juggle?
- How to manage boundaries between work and family – setting boundaries around client expectations, better time management
- The illusion of flexibility as a business owner
- The desire to set an example for our children – what are we representing to them as we go about our juggle?
- Difficulties engaging in networking as working mothers – and how this led to Lauren founding Criminal Law Mums
- The value in getting to know colleagues on a deeper, more personal level
- Bring your whole self – women feel like they have to put on a different persona, but we shouldn’t. Own who you really are!
- “Have faith and never be afraid”
Thank you LawCPD!
LawCPD are generously offering juggle listeners a buy-one-get-one-free offer on their online courses. Use the code “Juggle11” when you buy a CPD course before 31 December 2019 and receive a free course to the value of $109 (1-hour or 1 CPD point value).
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Find Lauren in all these places: Criminal Law Mums , Facebook, Instagram, Gallant Law
- The Juggle Community, our online Facebook group
- Subscribe to The Juggle Podcast on Apple Podcastst, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or Android
- Find us on Instagram and Facebook
- The Juggle website, where you can find all episodes of The Juggle and sign up to be notified when a new episode is released