In today’s episode we are joined by powerhouse woman, Ann-Maree David, Executive Director of The College of Law, the largest provider of practice-focused legal education in Australasia.
Ann-Maree’s main message is that we should stop fixating on trying to balance work and life and shift our focus to a deeper consideration of what might be our “life’s work” – our purpose – which ultimately derives from our values. We both heard Ann-Maree present on this topic late last year and knew it was one that you all needed to hear.
Ann-Maree’s own life’s purpose evolves around empowering people to achieve a more just, equal and inclusive society and this purpose shines through in her valuable advice.
Listen in to hear about:
- How Ann-Maree makes time for the things she wants to do by choosing which balls to juggle and moving others to her bucket list
- The importance of knowing your life’s purpose to help you understand where to focus your time and energy
- How to “discover your purpose and uncover your superpower” through Japanese concept Ikigai, “reason for being”: What am I good at? What do I love? What does the world need? How can I get paid to do that?
- Why we need to give ourselves more credit – you can change the world just by being who you are.
- Understanding what motherhood means to you and accepting that motherhood can be completely different for you than for someone else
Links mentioned in this episode:
- You can connect with Ann-Maree on LinkedIn
- The Juggle Community, our online Facebook group
- Find us on Instagram and Facebook
- The Juggle website, where you can find all episodes of The Juggle and sign up to be notified when a new episode is released
Thank you to LawCPD
Once again, thank you to LawCPD for sponsoring today’s episode.
- Everyone who enters will receive a voucher to save $25 on their first purchase with LawCPD.
- Each week between now and the end of March one person will win a 1-hour online CPD course of their choice.
- At the end of March, LawCPD will draw a major prize winner, who will win 10-hours worth of online CPD courses of their choice!
Everyone who enters will be eligible for the major prize, even if they win a weekly prize. Enter now!