In a special episode for International Women’s Day 2019, we are joined by women’s rights activist Catherine Fox. More than likely you have heard of Catherine before, given she is a leading commentator on women and the workforce. Two of her books include Stop Fixing Women and more recently WomenKind co-authored with Kirstin Ferguson (current Deputy Chair of the ABC).
During our conversation we explored the UN Women Australian theme for 2019 – “More Powerful Together”, a slightly different take on the more commonly seen #Balanceforbetter campaign.
We discussed the different ways we can be more powerful together – including women supporting women, men supporting women, and also women supporting men.
Listen in to hear about:
- Whether the future will be about men being more equal in the home
- The impact of the current working patterns and structures on new generations joining the workforce, and the increase in conservatism among young men
- The impact of more women in paid work on the rates of men seeking flexible working arrangements
- The heart and head side of gender equality – the need to move beyond the “business case” argument, and remember that equality is a fundamental human right – and we shouldn’t have to argue it on business reasons. Do the right thing.
- Ways women can use their innate power to create women’s networks to support each other
- The four stages of gender awareness
- The impact of motherhood on creating stern feminists
- The tactics of amplification – arising from the Obama Whitehouse, and other practical ways we can support women to be more powerful together
- Remember that some woman needs to be first – you can be what you can’t see.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- You can connect with Catherine on LinkedIn
- Our 50th episode reflecting on lessons learnt and exciting events that have occurred since we launched the podcast
- The Juggle Community, our online Facebook group
- Find us on Instagram and Facebook
- The Juggle website, where you can find all episodes of The Juggle and sign up to be notified when a new episode is released
Thank you to LawCPD
Once again, thank you to LawCPD for sponsoring today’s episode.
- Everyone who enters will receive a voucher to save $25 on their first purchase with LawCPD.
- Each week between now and the end of March one person will win a 1-hour online CPD course of their choice.
- At the end of March, LawCPD will draw a major prize winner, who will win 10-hours worth of online CPD courses of their choice!
Everyone who enters will be eligible for the major prize, even if they win a weekly prize. Enter now!