A supportive workplace is a key element to a good work-life juggle. It takes work to build a strong team culture, especially when staff work flexibly or are spread across multiple locations. Today we are hearing from Demetrio Zema, founder of NewLaw firm, Law Squared, which was recently recognised by Huffington Post as Australia’s most innovative law firm.
Demetrio created Law Squared after feeling disenfranchised with the traditional law model and believing there was a way to do it better. Demetrio has a strong focus on team culture which he puts at the forefront of every business decision.
Highlights from this episode include:
- Demetrio’s view on the definition of flexible work and the importance of “give and take”.
- The importance of creating a true team environment when managing a remote team. Demetrio describes how he manages a team across three capital cities through a variety of tools such as different technology, weekly face-time and quarterly team get togethers.
- The benefits of a positive team culture to improve individual happiness and overall team happiness and productivity.
- Seeing the opportunity – The importance of employing people with skills and personalities that fit your culture and values, as opposed to being concerned about impending pregnancy or children.
- Demetrio’s two rules of trust and respect as a fundamental base to all relationships.
Links mentioned in this episode
- If you want to connect with Demetrio you can find him on LinkedIn and Instagram
- The Juggle Community, our free Facebook group
- Find us on Instagram and Facebook
- The Juggle website, where you can find all episodes of The Juggle and sign up to be notified when a new episode is released
- Our interview with Catherine Brooks
- Our interview with Catriona McLeod regarding paid parental leave
Thank you to LawCPD
Once again, thank you to LawCPD for sponsoring today’s episode.
- Everyone who enters will receive a voucher to save $25 on their first purchase with LawCPD.
- Each week between now and the end of March one person will win a 1-hour online CPD course of their choice.
- At the end of March, LawCPD will draw a major prize winner, who will win 10-hours worth of online CPD courses of their choice!
Everyone who enters will be eligible for the major prize, even if they win a weekly prize. Enter now!