We hope everyone is staying safe and well during these crazy times. We know many of you are now working from home with kids so here are a few of our tips from this week’s episode…
- If both yourself and your partner are working – negotiate a roster with them. Think about when you work best (eg. Early morning, late at night, whether you like a solid block of 5 hours or prefer shorter blocks of 1-2 hours)
- Ask a family member or friend for help. Perhaps you can set up little mini school arrangements between you.
- Budget in some down time. It will be really easy to feel like you are on all the time.
- Negotiate with your employer – perhaps negotiate that your work expectations are reduced during that time. You may also be able to access paid carers leave.
- Communicate with other staff and clients about your current working situation and be open about it. More than likely some of your clients will be in the same boat!
- Plan out a few activities ahead of time now so they can be pulled out of the cupboard when needed. Time to get creative!
- Don’t forget your kids! Plan some activities that are just for you and your children so you’re still fitting in that quality time and not feeling overwhelmed.
If you’re an employer, Jo is putting up lots of good information on her website in regards to working from home and managing staff obligations.
Stay safe Jugglers!
LawCPD’s great competition will soon be drawing to a close. Enter here for your chance to win 10 hours of CPD courses of your choice (drawn 27/3/2020). Everyone who enters will receive a discount code to save $25 off their first purchase.
- The Juggle Community, our online Facebook group
- Subscribe to The Juggle Podcast on Apple Podcastst, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or Android
- Find us on Instagram and Facebook
- The Juggle website, where you can find all episodes of The Juggle and sign up to be notified when a new episode is released