If you’re anything like us, you probably have an inner voice. One who isn’t always that supportive. In fact, they are often downright mean.
Last year, a good friend of ours, Jennifer Harris, spoke about this during her presentation at The Retreat, Clarissa Rayward’s annual conference for lawyers. Whilst the talk was delivered to lawyers – it is definitely relevant to anyone who experiences an inner critic.
Clarissa and Jen have generously allowed us to use some of the audio recording from Jen’s talk to share with you today. We are super excited to share Jen talking about her “C Game”.
Jen is an incredible woman. She has been named Mentor of the Year on multiple occasions, is a Special Counsel working in a national law firm, and is deeply committed to her husband, twins and extended family. She has had more than her fair share of difficult times – yet she still gives so much to help others navigate their own challenges.
In this presentation, Jen speaks about how so many of us spend way too much time on Criticising ourselves, Condemning ourselves and Comparing ourselves to others.
She asks us to replace all these negative C’s with a much more powerful and positive C Game:
- Be Curious – know and name your feelings and think about why you are feeling them.
- Have Compassion – this is most important. Apply self compassion.
- Be Courageous – just takes 20 seconds to be brave whether it’s to ask for something, have a difficult conversation or whatever. It becomes easier the more you do it.
- Have Confidence – not ego. Back yourself and know that you are enough. Keep a scrapbook of the things you have done.
- Create Community – we are all in this together.
If you want to hear more amazing presentations like this, then grab your tickets now to the 2020 Retreat being held by Clarissa in November in Kingscliffe, NSW.
Our 100th episode event!
Don’t forget our 100th episode, and 2nd year anniversary celebration event is happening on Monday 9 March. There’s just 10 days left to buy tickets.
The theme is Design Your Decade, and we have lined up 3 incredible speakers – Hon Justice Jenni Hill, Dr Marny Lishman, and Premila Jina – all who are going to share tips to help you create a plan for managing your juggle in the next decade.
Law CPD‘s competition
Our wonderful sponsor, LawCPD, is back with another fantastic competition.
- The major prize is 10 hours of CPD courses of your choice! (Drawn 27/3/2020)
- 2 people will win a 1 hour CPD course of their choice (drawn on 16/3/2020).
- Everyone who enters will receive a discount code to save $25 off their first purchase.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- If you want to connect with Jennifer Harris you can find her on LinkedIn
- The Juggle Community, our online Facebook group
- Subscribe to The Juggle Podcast on Apple Podcastst, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or Android
- Find us on Instagram and Facebook
- The Juggle website, where you can find all episodes of The Juggle and sign up to be notified when a new episode is released
- If you’re interested, you can also find the ABC article about inner voices here.